Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Night in My Father's Vineyard



So this past weekend, I was invited to my Mom's church for a women's dinner.  "A Night In My Father's Vineyard."  While my Mom read various devotional selections about vineyards relating to John 15:5, "I am the Vine and you are the branches..." I painted.  It has been a long time since I have painted and I have to tell you I was a little nervous about pulling out the brushes for the first time in 3 years in front of a large room full of women!!  But it all worked out well.  I painted a landscape of a vineyard and then one large grape vine/plant with lots of grape clusters on it.  I wasn't 100% sold on it the night of the dinner, but after a little tweaking and some repainting the next day, I am quite pleased.  The church is going to hang it in their "meeting room" and put a frame around it.  It is a very large picture 8ft x 6 ft so it should make quite a statement!  Here are some pictures of the during - and wouldn't yuu know it, I didn't get any pictures of it completed!  Story of my life!



4 comments:

Kristi H. said...

Your talents are never ending! What a wonderful treat for the congregation to not only watch you create this masterpiece, but also to be able to keep. I think it's pretty cool that it's not just a piece of art, but also a constant reminder of the teachings of that night's event.

Ells said...

You're amazing, friend!

Autumn said...

Go girl!
I had to run errands yesterday,and as I pulled into the Hobby Lobby parking lot... I thought of you! And all of a sudden...I missed you a lot!
Hope you are doing good!

Infarrantly Creative said...

You can paint too? We can't be friends anymore ;-) PS Do you know you have word verification on?

Related Posts with Thumbnails