Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Best Comment Ever!



I think that I am pretty normal - - I think, that like most bloggers, I love to get comments from people who read my blog.  It is great to get feedback about projects and to know that people I don’t know enjoy what I do!
Sometimes comments are just to share how much they love or adore a project.
IMG_3987
Blogger http://www.blogger.com/profile/13000425734975510352 said...
Hmmm. Love seems too weak and overused a word for how I feel about these chairs. ADORE!! Yes...I adore them. Fantastic job!!
Sometimes comments encourage and thank for you for introducing something new, but also give suggestions or safety ideas.  And that’s a good thing!
IMG_4420

Blogger Michelle said...



Love all of your creative ideas! What a great way to add some style to that corner - did not know they had such things (conversion kits). Just a note on the idea of hanging one over your tub...just make sure that whoever is able to stand in the tub can't reach the light if you are changing it to the hanging one...water and electricity...not a good combination! Love your blog! especially the pillows fantastic idea!
Sometimes comments let me know that there are more people like me out there and we have more in common than we thought!
IMG_4480


Blogger The Grandy's said...



I LOVE that I found your blog. You and I have a LOT in common. My husband is also deployed and I'm racking my brain trying to keep my mind off the fact time is crawling along. We bought a new house and moved in a month before he left so I had a blank slate. I love your chair you just reupholstered. I tried to reupholster some wingback chairs a while ago and it almost killed me. So kudos to you. You should check out my blog www.4sweetpeasinapod.blogspot.com. My sisters and I started it so some of their projects are on it too. Keep up your great projects and I hope time flies by so your hunny will get home faster! I feel your pain!
But, the absolute best comment I have ever received has to be this one…  I just wanted to share it with you all!!!
Dear blog land-
I do not know who all will read this, but I must tell you how fortunate you are to visit this page. I am Handsome Hubby. I affectionately refer to Ms. Design Intervention as "Mrs.. America." I wish you all could see the things she does not post on this blog. She is the most sincere person who is absolutely loving and creative doesn't begin to say what she is. She is everything a man could hope for in a wife. She is fun and brave and supportive and challenging. She also happens to be good at Scrabble! I am glad to share her talents and our various home shots with you. But this summer she is going to disappear for a while. Do not worry... I will loan her out to Blog land again! She is my soul-mate and means more to me than words can express. I pray the Franklins can be a blessing to you through this site. Mrs.. America is truly awesome and I am proud to say she is my wife and the love of my life. 
~~ Handsome Hubby from miles away.scan0003
You probably don’t care one bit about what Handsome Hubby thinks (but I do!)  And, I’m sorry if you were hoping to see some new project and now you are disappointed, but I guess that is the joy of having your own blog - -I can put what I want on here!!  And today, I wanted to highlight those of you who take the time to leave comments, to encourage,and to thank - - I think your awesome - - all of you!!  But especially Handsome Hubby!!

21 comments:

Ells said...

oh! so sweet! I've got happy tears going for you two. Can't wait for this summer for you both!

Three Birds Inspired said...

What a guy! BTW - I am a total sucker for a man in dress blues!!

tinahead81 said...

aww...got some chills over here.

The Grandy's said...

Holy crap. I knew I shouldn't have read that whole thing. Being pregnant and having uncontrollable emotions don't help. You really are amazing and your husband IS lucky to be married to you. You should be reminded of that on a daily basis.

You are as equally lucky to have a husband understand that women like you are few and far between. He appreciates all your talents and gives you so much support from across the world.

What an amazing couple.

Kelsey said...

Ok that totally made me misty eyed! It is so romantic that he took the time to write that out! What a sweetheart! And he's totally right by the way...You are awesome!

fleurcottage said...

true love...you are blessed! :)

Unknown said...

He is a real keeper.

Cheri said...

That is a pretty wonderful hubby and please tell your hubby "Thank You" for his service to our country.

chris said...

That is awesome. I am really glad you shared his love note. It's so nice to see love.

May G said...

thank you for sharing that! you both seem like such wonderful sweet people! your projects are wonderfully creative and beautiful too!!

InnovativeMom said...

Aww, This was a great update, I don't have any story as amazing as this, but I feel the same way with comments, I just started my blog and any comment makes me smile. Your blog is amazing! Keep up the good work!!!

Annie said...

As a military wife myself who frequently used her blog (http://greyhairedmomma.blogspot.com) as a means of communication with my deployed husband, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that your husband posted such a sweet and amazing comment. To me, those words are sweeter than any flowers that could be sent, any presents bought, or any Hallmark card mailed.
Though I'm lucky to sew something small or help the kids make crafty things, I love your blog. Makes me want to be a craftier woman! I appreciate what you do and what your husband does for our country.
God bless you both!
A.

Missy said...

I thought I was the only one with tears in my eyes when I read this. Your husband sounds like a wonderful man and my family is praying for yours.

Morgan said...

That made me tear up! I think you are amazingly talented and I love visiting your blog. I think it is really awesome that you have a husband that adores you and realizes your talents and was sweet enough to leave a comment! :)

Teri said...

Sweetest comment ever. What a wonderful husband! Hold on to that one!! :)

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

We all like to talk about the great deals we got and how much we paid for this or that on our blogs. Your last post was about the things that you can't put a price on. Friendship and love. I am glad so many people think you are as great as I do. I just sent a blogger your blog the other day so she could see the great furniture you have reupholstered.

Debbie K (aka Midnight Rambler) said...

Oh how sweet, and now your handsome hubby went and made all of us in blogland cry, but it's all good. Love your blog, and your talents. :-)

pieters said...

not only sweet but handsome in his uniform! my man just retired from the air force last year. have fun with your vacay!

lauren

Kristi H. said...

I've been rendered speechless and have tears in my eyes! I honestly don't know where to begin to express how special and wonderful that was of your hubby and how lucky you two are to have each other... All I can do is smile over it!

Megan said...

I found your blog about a month ago and just spent hours looking at your projects, marveling at your talent, and sympathizing with your deployment when (really long story of how) but I realized our husbands are over there together. I love this love note. I often go back and re-read my husbands comments on my blog. Even though I don't know you... I can tell you guys are amazing. ~ Megan

Rozi said...

*sniff sniff*
*cry cry cry*
So sweeeetttttttt!!!!
Yeah, every little thing sets you off when pregnant... you're hubby is the best! You lucky dog you ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails