This project was another one of those where I had it mostly finished, but it still had some work left on it. It has been gracing my living room for about a month now in a 75% done state! So, this past week, I decided it was time to finish up this slipcover and post the completed project!
As part of my “lighter and brighter” look in my living room, I definitely had to either re-upholster or slipcover these chairs. The fabric on these chairs is still in fabulous condition and I knew that I wanted to go with white, so a slipcover was the obvious choice.
I’ve had white maltese bedspreads draped over them since we moved. That is actually a really good way to have a “trial run” to make sure that it is the color and feel you are wanting.
This is a very complicated slipcover. With fitted arms, the fitted curve of the back, a button closure down the back of the chair, and a sassy little pleated edge around the bottom, it has tons of details to give the chair plenty of charm while still remaining neutral and bright.
I am in LLLLOOOOOVVVVEEEE!!!!
It is one of those projects that just makes me happy! Every time I walk past, I have to take a second and look at it and smile!
Now….. all I have to do is make a second matching one for the other chair! Yikes!!