Thursday, July 8, 2010

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder (Deployment Project #162)

Just a quick little project for the day.   It’s so incredibly hot here.  I thought it was hot living in the middle of the Mohave Desert in CA, but this humidity thing is killing me!  It makes me not want to do anything.  In fact, the biggest thing the kids and I have been doing is going to the pool - - every day!!  Even with sunscreen, the kiddos and I are turning very brown!!

I designed this embroidered pillow last night (while watching So You Think You Can Dance - - love that show!).   It’s a simple eye chart that upon closer examination reads, “Beauty is in the eye of  the beholder.”  It is a fabulous accent pillow with a cute hidden message!

IMG_5588 (Small) IMG_5587 (Small) IMG_5589 (Small) IMG_5590 

In very exciting news - - I have decided to open my own etsy shop.  Right now, I am just putting different embroidered pillows in it.  I’ve been selling some of my designs on etsy for awhile now, but I’m making it official now!!

IMG_5591 (Small)

To see this pillow on etsy, click here!

12 comments:

Kelli said...

Your pillows are always gorgeous! I love the eye chart... Very clever. Congratulations on your Etsy store, I know it will be fabulous, (you are so creative!).

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I'm so excited for you and your Etsy shop! I know it will be a huge success. I love the eye chart. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Meghan said...

WoW!
Love it!

Mom in High Heels said...

Great job! Good luck on your store!

Mom in High Heels said...

PS. My shop (Tres Magnifique) hearted your shop!

Cheryl said...

Love the pillow.
Congrats on your Etsy shop! You will do well. Your finished pieces always look so professional.

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

YAY!Ive been waiting for your Etsy shop!Headin over there right now:)
Sarah

Sam and Sarah said...

Amy, Congrats on your etsy site!!! I was wondering if you were going to put any camera strap covers in your shop. Just got a new camera and want to personalize it up - and I know so many people sell them, but I'd like to support YOU!

Ells said...

awesome news, friend! best wishes with the shop!

I was at a welcome function last night (new COG's wife) and we discussed blogs - all the ladies at my table knew you, and I told them about your recent moment in the spotlight. So fun to be talking about you! :)

Deanna said...

As usual I love what you do! I'll be headed over to your etsy shop, next. And hubby l.o.v.e.d. the pillow for father's day. He sits on the couch and pulls it into his lap and looks at it. Thank you so much!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Oh that is totally adorable. It turned out perfect.

Nic said...

Very cool! Congratulations! I can't wait to check it out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails